Necklaces are one of the most popular staples in any fashion jewelry collection. Not only are they available in a variety of different lengths and materials, but you can also purchase fashion necklaces in a variety of different styles. Let’s take a little time today to learn the various types of fashion necklaces that you could add to your collection.
Chain Fashion Necklaces
One of the most popular kinds of fashion necklaces is the chain. Chains are available in a variety of different metals, including platinum, sterling silver and various colors of gold. They are a great option for both men and women and come in a wide range of styles.
- Anchor Chains: These chains are made up of double links of a uniform size. They connect for a heavy, sturdy looking chain.
- Bead Chains: Tiny metal balls are linked together by wire. The result resembles a string of metal beads.
- Box Chains: Square shaped links are interlocked to create a boxy look. Thin box chains are trendy for pendant style fashion necklaces.
- Byzantine Chains: This intricate pattern has layered, interlocking links that resemble a thin rope.
- Cable Chains: Flat and upright oval shaped links create a simple cable design.
- Curb Chain: Also known as Cuban Chains, the links in this design lie flat. Thin or Wide versions are available, and they are particularly popular with men.
- Figaro Chains: In this style of chain two or three small links mix with one long oval link in a repeating pattern that is popular with men.
- Heart Chains: This is a feminine design made up of many small interconnected heart-shaped links.
- Omega Chains: Although it is part of the chain category, the Omega style of fashion necklace doesn’t feature interlocking links. Instead, small metal plates are connected with wire to build up a flat, smooth chain, with a rounded shape.
- Popcorn Chains: This is a popular choice of chain for fashion necklaces. Circular links are covered with small domes and are connected to form a round chain with the illusion of hundreds of tiny gold beads joined.
- Rope Chains: Just like the name suggests, stands of metal links are twisted together for a highly textured rope effect.
- Singapore Chains: The Singapore chain is quite similar to a curb chain. However, the links are faceted to create a more sophisticated, curved design.
- Snake Chains: S shaped or sometimes Z shaped links fit together tightly, resulting in a smooth chain that appears solid, but is very flexible.
- Wheat Chains: The flat oval shaped links in a wheat chain interlock with twisted ovals to produce an intricate V shaped pattern that resembles wheat.
Pendant necklaces are fashion necklaces that feature a hanging ornament. The decoration may be dangling from a chain, cord or some other material. Pendants can be simple, elegant necklaces like a diamond or gemstone solitaire. They can also be more elaborate pieces including lockets, abstract shapes, geometric pieces or even intricate words. Pendants often feature engraving or gem embellishments.
Another type of fashion necklace that is very popular is the strand necklace. These are necklaces that are made up of several beads, pearls or gemstones strung together on a cord. Strand fashion necklaces may be made up of many of the same beads, or a variety of colors shapes and sizes.
Blue Dress® Boutique is a fashion forward jewelry and accessories line showcasing interchangeable jewel pops (button snap jewelry) that can be worn with our beautiful companion jewelry pieces including necklaces, bracelets, and other accessories.